When it comes to breakfast I know I want something healthy, full of protein but also easy to take on the go. I, like most people, am always on the go in the morning, and never make time to sit down for breakfast so having something I can grab to eat on the way or when I arrive to work at my desk is essential for my everyday schedule.
I have also learned how important a healthy breakfast can be for your body, especially if you workout in the morning like I do. I have found a number of great breakfast options in the past, but nothing as easy and delicious as egg muffins! These babies can be made with almost anything added to them, your favorite veggies, breakfast meats, herbs, the options are endless. I have filled mine with all kinds of colorful veggies because what better way to start your day then with a healthy + delicious breakfast!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 9 large eggs
- salt + pepper for taste
- 3 strips cooked chopped bacon
- 3 tbsp diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp diced onion
- 3 tbsp diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (you can also use 3 tbsp thawed frozen spinach)
- 2 oz shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill whisked eggs into tins on cookie sheet as evenly as you can
- Mix in the remaining ingredients together in the same bowl, and pour the veggies into each tin as evenly as you can.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until set.
These muffins are not only delicious + easy for your morning on the go, they also freeze wonderfully for up to 1 month. To re-heat them just pop them into the microwave for 1min and you’re set to go! Everyone in the family will love these and you’ll feel good knowing its a healthy start to your day!